Return And Refund Policy
INSTORE EXCHANGES AND REFUNDS
For your convenience, item(s) purchased online may be exchanged or refunded at any Hovertech store within South Africa, provided all online return policy conditions are met. A refund will be provided to you by crediting your original method of payment. Please note that cash refunds will not be provided under any circumstances and courier charges cannot be refunded.
Item(s) purchased at any Of Our store within South Africa can only be returned at a Hovertech store within South Africa.
Hovertech Online Returns Policy
There may be times when you will need to return an item purchased from us. Our Returns Policy is designed to assist you with your return. The benefits given by our Returns Policy are in addition to other rights and remedies you may have as a consumer under the Consumer Protection Act (CPA), as well as any other applicable acts.
If you wish to return any item(s) you have purchased, you can either return the item(s) via courier to our online store or in-person to a Hovertech store within South Africa (only) within 14 days from the date of purchase…
We encourage you to return your parcel via Fast Way, Courier Guy, FedEx, or ParcelIt traceable courier services as all returned parcels remain the responsibility of the purchaser until received by Hovertech.
Store purchases cannot be returned or refunded online.
Returns Policy Conditions
At Hovertech we want to ensure you love the items you purchase. If you have changed your mind on a purchase we will exchange your item or refund your original method of payment provided that:
- You return the item within 14 days (inclusive) from the date of purchase.
- You produce your original Hovertech invoice (receipt) when you return the item
- The item is in original saleable condition:
- With all original tags still attached
- In an unopened and unused state
- A return form is completed and accompanies your item(s) being returned
- In original packaging
If you are not able to comply with these requirements, Hovertech reserves the right to refuse an exchange or refund on change of mind items. Hovertech will not accept a bank statement as proof of purchase.
We regret that we are unable to accept the exchange or return of the following items for change of mind for hygiene reasons:
- Open Damaged Hoverboard Karts
- Used and Damaged Hoverboards
Online Exchanges and Refunds
If you would like to exchange an item(s) for an alternative item(s), please complete the online Return Request form that is located within My Account under ‘My Orders’ prior to sending the item(s) back.
Exchanges can only be exchanged for the same value of the purchase price of the item being returned.
Your item (s) that you wish to return needs to be sent back to our online returns address with the relevant return documents, duly completed, and a tax invoice (receipt).
If the alternative item is no longer available, provided all the Returns Policy Conditions are met, a refund will be provided to you crediting your original method of payment. All return courier costs will be for your own expense and this will be deducted from your refund amount.
To obtain a refund please fill out the online Return Request (RMA) form that is located within My Account under ‘My Orders’ prior to sending the item(s) back.
A refund will be provided to you crediting your original method of payment, providing all the Returns Policy Conditions are met and our warehouse has received the original item that is being returned. Cash refunds will not be provided under any circumstances.
COMPLETING A RETURNS REQUEST FORM ONLINE
- Log into your HOvertech “My Account” and go to “My Orders”.
- Click on the order that contains the item(s) that you wish to return or request an exchange for and click on the returns button.
- After you have submitted your return request, one of our friendly staff members will get in contact with you to organize a collection.
- Once you have sent your item(s) back to our warehouse, our warehouse will authorize the refund.
Before sending, please ensure all details on this form are correct. You will also need to write the returns number on the outside of the parcel. You will be notified by email of the status of your exchange or refund.
Hovertech does not cater for courier costs involved in bringing back a faulty product or sending it back to the client.
Repairs and Warranties
If you have purchased a Product which is defective within its warranty period, please notify us as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the defect. Please take proper note of any terms or instructions that accompany your goods.
After the 3 months’ statutory warranty has expired, some Products have an extended warranty. These warranties are usually stated in the Product brochure, and may be subject to the manufacturer’s specific terms and conditions.
***Please note that Electronic items not advertised as waterproof voids a warranty if any form of liquid/water is received
Conditions that apply to manufacturer’s warranties
As with all warranties, certain conditions and exceptions apply. Please take proper note of any terms or instructions that accompany your goods. We explain the conditions as follows:
- Electric equipment
- Goods that show a manufacturing defect within the first 3 months of purchase will be repaired. (Any scratches, marks, impact or water damage; broken warranty seals; tampering/opening of the product unauthorized by our technical team, etc. will void your eligibility for a repair) Your warranty will be voided. Electrical appliances are not waterproof unless stated within the descriptions thereof.
- Defects that develop after 3 months may be repaired, replaced at the manufacturer’s election, and subject to the relevant manufacturer’s policy or extended warranty
- The nature of the goods (size, technical specifications, etc.) often dictates where the repair will take place. For example, on-site; at the warehouse, or at the manufacturer’s premises.
- The cost and time of the repair depending on the type of damage.
- Buyer is liable for shipment cost (Courier At Own Risk – Please ensure that the parcel is safely packed.) Hovertech cannot be held liable for any damage whilst upon transit.
- The product and all applicable contents must be repackaged within its original packaging for warranty acceptance.
- For assistance regarding repairs, please send an e-mail with your query through with your order number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Defective goods must be sent within 30 calendar days from time reported as we cannot take any liability to the damage of the product thereafter.
- Electronic Products are not Waterproof unless Stated otherwise.
- Protecting your Hoverboards Battery
- Please ensure that the Hoverboard is switched off at all times whilst charging
- Please note that Hoverboards is not waterproof. Avoid at all times water / mud / wet sand / extreme deep sand and/or river & sea sand.
- Off-Road Hoverboards can be driven on gravel and off-road surfaces, however is still not waterproof.
- Chargers are not covered by warranty as this is a perishable item and can malfunction due to uncontrollable causes such as accidental damage; power surges; lightning etc.
- Please ensure that the Hovebroard is stood upon at all times according to the instruction manual as when stood upon incorrectly it can damage the chassis which will void the warranty thereof.
- Please ensure that the Hoverboard is on the ground at all times. The Hoverboard may not be lifted whilst switched on as it will interfere with the giros and may cause damage.
- Protecting your Hoverboards Battery
In what instances will the manufacturer’s warranty not apply?
The manufacturer’s warranty will only apply to defects in the process of manufacturing the goods and will not apply in the following instances:
- Damage caused by lightning or power surges
- Damage caused by misuse or abuse to the goods – Impact/Physical Damage
- Goods used for a purpose other than the purpose for which they were manufactured for.
- Please note that our Hoverboards is not made for standing in the middle as its general use is upon the foot-pads only.
- Any structural; physical damage; water damage or signs of misuse voids the warranty of this product.
- As this is a mechanical product, please ensure that the product is looked after and used according to the instruction/user manual provided.
- Please ensure that the Hoverboard is utilised for its manufactured purpose. Misuse may void the warranty
- Goods used contrary to their instruction manuals
- Accidental damage
- Change of Plugs
- Torn Warranty seal/Opened by user/Tampering on product. Tampering/opening of the product unauthorized by our technical team.
- Water/liquid Damage (On electric products which is not noted as waterproof.)
- NOTE: Remember to charge the battery after each use. Completely draining the battery may cause permanent damage to the battery. Electronics inside the battery record the charge-discharge condition of the battery; damage caused by over-discharge or under-discharge will not be covered by the warranty.
Out of Warranty repairs:
We can assist you to have the goods assessed and repaired by our repair centre or alternatively the distributor or supplier.
The law requires the following in respect of repairs out of warranty:
- The manufacturer or its repairs agent must quote you first and you need to accept the quote before the repair can take place
- The quote must include the supply and installation of replacement parts, as well as the labour costs
- You must also give authorisation for diagnostic work in order to determine the scope of the required repairs
The cost and time of the repair depend on the type of damage.
Buyer is liable for shipment cost.(Courier At Own Risk – Please ensure that the parcel is safely packed.) Hovertech cannot be held liable for any damage whilst upon transit.
Please send an e-mail with your query through with your order number: